Monday, June 17, 2013

Guest Designer Tina

Welcome Back Tina!  Tina used Sherri's Bestie Orange Blossom found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/121088543/instant-download-digital-digi-stamps-big?ref=shop_home_active

ptmonday

Happy Monday everyone!!!  Today I'm sharing an easel card I made showcasing the Vellum; paper from the Paper Temptress.  I LOVE playing with Vellum and when I saw Sherri Baldy's Asian Besty, I KNEW it would be perfect for making a fan to be a backdrop for my image.  It was perfect to score and so easy to fold.

I stamped it with a few flower images and some butterflies from Theresa Momber's set, "Whimsical Spring".  And I let it THOROUGHLY dry before even attempting to fold the paper.  I used my Copic markers to color in the leaves and flowers and the branches and they worked beautifully on the vellum.

Before scoring my Vellum I added a thin line of Scor Tape to the edge and then sprinkled it with some black glitter.  LOVE it!!  I punched a hole in the bottom and added an eyelet along with some twine that I used to make a tassle at the end.  I used some liquid glue to attach the vellum to my card and since it dried clear, it made no noticeable markings on the Vellum.

I also used the gold from the Laser Lustre pack to border out my black card stock and also to punch a strip for the inside of my card.

Here's another view of the card so you can see how I folded the easel.

ptmondayside

I hope you give the Vellum a try.. it REALLY is fun to work with and not only does it fold well, but it tears well AND does a fabulous job on the printer!!  Oh and... I have made this for an adorable new friend I've made who lives in Thailand.  She is just adorable, though we've never met, I can't wait to send this to her.  Now I hope you realize this DOES stick up on the card quite a bit but I plan to make a pretty box to put it safely in before mailing her way.  :-)

That's it for me today.  Have a GREAT week and thanks for stopping by!!! *HUGS*



Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

Copics I used:
ptmondaycopics


1 comment:

  1. What a great way for using dimension with your Asian card, Tina! Looks fabulous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete